What is Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing?
Whether you want to find out more about your genetics whilst in the family planning stage of life, or during your pregnancy, this is possible with NIPT testing.
NIPT is a prenatal blood test that looks at your genetics. If you are pregnant, it will also take into account the genetics of your baby, establishing whether your baby is more or less likely to be born with a genetic condition. These tests offer high accuracy with quick results sent to your GP.
Benefits of Prenatal Genetic Testing
Prenatal Genetic Testing is available for everyone, but if you have a history of genetic conditions in your family, it is an opportunity to find out whether you are a carrier or not.
If you are a carrier, this may pass to your children; for many, it can be life changing having a child born with genetic conditions. Being able to find out the chances of future pregnancies having genetic conditions can be a determining factor for many when thinking about family planning.
If your child is diagnosed with a genetic condition during pregnancy, this allows you to prepare for this and to explore possible treatment options from a very early stage.
Peek A Baby NIPT Genetic Tests
Early Gender Blood Test
- Available from 6 weeks of pregnancy
- 9% accuracy from fetal DNA
- Tie this with an Early Scan at Peek A Baby
- Available from 10 weeks of pregnancy
- Detects the most common fetal aneuploidies
- Direct fetal DNA testing provides 99.9% accuracy
- Test via blood sample
- Gender determination possible as addition
- Available before and during pregnancy
- Test via Buccal Swab and blood sample
- Expectant mothers must be 10 weeks pregnant
- Screens for aneuploidies, microdeletions, single-gene diseases
- Tests for conditions that significantly impact the quality of life
Book Your NIPT Test Today
If you are looking to discover more about your genetics or discover the gender of your baby early on, why not book an NIPT test with Peek A Baby London today.
If you have any questions regarding our NIPT Tests or Early Gender Blood Tests, take a look online today or get in contact with our team. You can call our London clinic and our team will assist you; alternatively, you can contact us online today. A member of our team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.
NIPT Tests have recently been brought to the forefront of TV soap with an Eastenders storyline surrounding genetic testing during pregnancy. Read our blog here.