Baby in Bloom: Spring Inspired Baby Names for 2023
If your little one is due to meet the world this Spring, you might be looking to take inspiration from the season. As the world wakes up from its Winter slumber and begins to bloom, we bring you baby names perfect for your Spring baby!
Baby Girls: Flowers, Foliage & Pops Colour
Spring-themes names for baby girls are almost endless, from all the flowers in bloom, to cute pastel colours, or even inspired by the months of the year when spring is in full bloom.
- April - Meaning "to open" or "to blossom." It is often associated with the arrival of spring and the emergence of new life and growth in nature, evoking a sense of sense of hope, renewal, and new beginnings.
- May - Associated with the Roman goddess Maia. Maia was the goddess of growth, spring, and fertility. The name May can be interpreted as having a gentle and charming quality, reflecting the warmth and sweetness of the spring season. It is a simple and timeless name that evokes a sense of freshness, renewal, and optimism.
- Flora - Flora is the name of the Roman goddess of spring and flowers, and she was believed to bring new life and growth to the world each year. The name Flora is often associated with the beauty and charm of nature, and it is a popular name for girls born in the spring.
- Aurora - Not just for the Disney princess, perfectly at home as the name of your new princess too! From the Latin word "aurora," meaning "dawn." It is often associated with beauty, radiance, and new beginnings.
- Lily - A flower name that symbolises purity and innocence, like the freshness of spring. It has been used to represent new beginnings, rebirth, and renewal in many cultures. The name Lily can be interpreted as having a gentle and elegant quality, as the flower is known for its graceful appearance and sweet scent – perfect for this season.
- Poppy - A flower name that symbolises remembrance and beauty, like the fields of poppies that bloom in spring. Poppies are also associated with peace, beauty, and deep sleep. The name Poppy can be interpreted as having a cheerful and lively quality, as the flower is known for its vibrant colours and delicate appearance.
- Chloe - This name holds the meaning of "young green shoot." In Greek mythology, it was also used as an alternative name for the goddess of agriculture and fertility.
- Daisy - The name Daisy is often associated with innocence, purity, and freshness, as the flower is commonly found in fields and meadows, symbolizing the arrival of spring and new beginnings.
- Lilac - From the flowering plant with fragrant purple, pink or white flowers, often associated with the qualities of purity, innocence, and love. A popular choice for babies born in the spring, when the lilac flowers bloom.
- Anastasia - Meaning "resurrection" or "rebirth." The name Anastasia is often associated with hope and new beginnings, as well as strength and perseverance in the face of adversity, making it perfect for an Easter or Springtime baby.
Baby Boys: Discreet Springtime Meanings
Boy’s names are a bit trickier this time of year, as most tend to associate Spring with softer, more feminine names. However, that doesn’t mean your dreams of springtime name are impossible! The meaning is the key to these spring-themed names for your baby boy.
- Asher - Means "fortunate," "happy," or “blessed,” like the feeling of new beginnings in spring. The name Asher is often associated with positivity, joy, and good fortune, making it a popular choice for baby boys.
- Barrett - Means "bear strength," like the strength of new life emerging from hibernation in spring, or “brave as a bear,” which can evoke feelings of courage and strength, associated with the season of renewal and growth. As the earth awakens from its winter slumber, spring brings new beginnings and a sense of vitality.
- Cyrus - Means "sun" or "lord," like the warmth and light of the sun returning in spring after a cold, dark winter. The name Cyrus is also often associated with leadership, strength, and brilliance, making it a popular choice for baby boys.
- Finn - Means "fair" or "white," like the purity and freshness of spring, when the world is bursting with new life and growth. The name Finn is also often associated with qualities such as creativity and intelligence.
- Oliver - Means "olive tree," a symbol of peace and new life in spring, as well as associations with qualities like intelligence, creativity, and a love of nature. Bringing to mind images of springtime gardens and lush foliage, Oliver is a great choice for a baby born in the spring.
- Pascal - The name Pascal means "of Easter" or "related to Easter." The name Pascal is often associated with the spring season and the Christian holiday of Easter, as well as bringing to mind images of new beginnings, rebirth, and renewal, as these are all themes associated with the Easter holiday and the spring season.
- Aspen - An English name derived from the Aspen tree, known for its adaptability and association with the changing seasons. It is often associated with strength, resilience, and a connection to nature, making it a fitting choice for a baby born in the spring.
- Cane - Meaning "reed" or "cane," like sugarcane. In Roman mythology, Cane was the deity of new birth and renewal, and was often associated with the spring season.
- Reed - Reed is of Old English origin and refers to the plant of the same name, known for flexibility, durability, and ability to withstand harsh weather conditions. It can also be associated with creativity, as reeds are often used in musical instruments such as clarinets and saxophones. With similar spring associations as Cane.
- Orion - This name is associated with the constellation that is prominent in the springtime sky, and represents the hunter, as well as the power and strength of nature.
Non-Gendered Baby Names: For the Neutral or Unknown
If you’ve decided not to find out the gender of your baby, or want to leave it open, less fixed, and future proof, then these gender neutral Spring themed baby names are perfect. These names will work no matter the gender of your bundle of joy!
- Phoenix - From the mythical bird that is said to rise from its own ashes. It is often associated with rebirth, renewal, and immortality.
- Rowan - Means "little red one," like the colourful flowers and berries of spring. The Rowan tree is also often associated with the spring season due to its ability to flower early in the year and attract wildlife such as birds and bees.
- Sage - Means "wise one” and is also associated with the aromatic herb that blooms in the spring, representing the freshness and vitality of new growth.
- River - This name is associated with the flowing water bodies that symbolize growth and renewal in spring.
- Fern - From the Old English word "fearn," meaning "fern plant." It is often associated with sincerity, humility, and endurance.
- Willow - From the Old English word "welig," meaning "willow tree." It is often associated with grace, flexibility, and adaptability. A tree name that symbolises flexibility and strength.
- Robin - From the Old English word "robin," meaning "bright fame." It is often associated with happiness, luck, and new beginnings.
- Wren - From the Old English word "wrenna," meaning "wren bird." It is often associated with confidence, resourcefulness, and agility.
- Rain - From the Old English word "regn," meaning "rain." It is often associated with cleansing, renewal, and growth. Inspired by the rainy season of spring, which brings new life and growth to the earth.
- Brook - This name is associated with the small streams and creeks that flow in the spring and represents the renewal and vitality of nature.