Pregnancy and local lockdown….
With the government announcing Birmingham going back into local lockdown from Tuesday 15th September, there are new rules that must be followed, the main one being that you cannot allow people that do not live with you, into your house or garden.
If you are pregnant, now is the time when you would most probably be relying on support from friends and family and enjoying spending time together. We understand that this could now be quite a lonely time especially if this is your first pregnancy!
Tips & Ideas…
We have put a few ideas together to try and help our pregnant ladies get through this unprecedented time, we hope this helps!
- Stay safe and clean, Keep washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face as much as possible. Ensure all the social distancing rules are being followed. If you do need to visit the hospital; for an appointment, try and avoid using public transport.
- Connect online with your friends and family as much as possible, use Zoom calls, social media and even the good old-fashioned telephone and talk to someone! Friends and family will be there with advice and support all be it not actually in person but just hearing a loved one’s voice or seeing their face during a video call could boost your spirits and stop you from feeling alone.
- Exercise and eat healthy! Exercising is proven to release endorphins and boost your mood, try an online yoga class or if the sun is shining why not get some fresh air and go for a walk. Keep yourself and baby healthy by choosing the right foods to eat, avoid processed foods or ones that are high in sugar (although sometimes we know, chocolate is the only answer! A little of what you fancy will do you good!) Try and eat a balanced diet most of the time, including lots of fruit and vegetables and good sources of protein such as oily fish and poultry.
- Remain relaxed and try not to worry! We understand these are scary times and it is only natural to feel some sort of anxiety but try and keep calm, try reading a book or take a nice long bath. Take time for yourself each day giving your body and mind a chance to rest.
- Why not book in for a scan with us, we can offer you an early pregnancy reassurance scan: this is available from as early as 6 weeks up to 15 weeks and if you are in the early stages of your pregnancy and are feeling worried or anxious. If you are slightly further along why not book in for a growth and presentation scan, this is available from 22 up to 38 weeks.
We can help put your mind at rest that all is as it should be, giving you one less thing to worry about.
At Peek A Baby, we do allow ONE adult guest to accompany you to your scan, so you both can enjoy this wonderful experience together. Rest assured we are taking all possible measures to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for you and your guest with all of our staff wearing the appropriate PPE and we will ask that you and your guest wear a face mask/covering at your appointment.
Find out about our scans packages here.